Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rozzi Daime on Rain in Los Angeles

I love rain. The smell it gives off, the cozy feeling of being indoors, the soothing sound of constant water, and all the great aminities that come with the rain. Theres hot chocolate, red wine, accaptable couch potato-ness, fires, dark days, warm bodies, I mean its a veritable smorgasbord, (smorgasbord, smorgasbord!), of things I adore. And if you live in los angeles, you know what a treat it is to even HAVE rain, so you relish every drop.

There is however the not-so-good-aspect-of-my-favorite-thing(s) . . .

'DRIVING IN THE RAIN! JUST DRIVING IN THE RAIN!
NOT A GLORIOUS FEELING, UN-HAPPY I GET
NOT LAUGHING AT CLOUDS, NO SMILE ON MY FACE
WHILE DRIVING, DRIVING IN THE RAIN .
--thank you Gene Kelly for inspiring such beautiful lyrics, really, I love you.

So for all you people who know that you love this treat, and drive these mean streets, do it at a speed FASTER THAN 20 MPH!!!!!! PLEASE. Thank You!

That way I can get back to my happy refrain, just singing, singing in the rain . . .

xo

No comments: